Here are some of the new laws for 2012 listed by the Los Angeles Times:
- Defendants extradited to California will have an additional $100,000.00 added to their bail.
- Importation and production of beers that have caffeine as an ingredient are banned.
- Schools can suspend a student for cyber-bullying.
- An individual younger then 18 cannot be supplied with a drug containing dextromethorphan, which is used to reduce coughing.
- Smuggling cellular phones into state prisons is a crime, and additional prison time can be given to inmates with cellular phones.
- A $25,000 fine will be imposed for child prostitution convictions.
- Selling live animals on sidewalks, parking lots or streets is a crime.